Friday 15 February 2013

Batiste Dry Shampoo

I bought this, took its picture, uploaded it to a post, saved it to a draft, and waited for the day I knew I would right only a lackluster review on this product. I've never been one to jump on the dry shampoo wagon because, let's be honest here, I didn't really think some magical powder would suddenly soak up all the oily bits in my hair and BABAM, fresh and cleaned. Loads and loads of bloggers hoot and holler and rave about the Batiste dry shampoo so of course I got super curious, but still, didn't think it would be magical.
      Welp ... I was so totally wrong. Now I'm going to join the herds of bloggers raving about this product! This magical canister of powder is amazeballs to the max! Let me start with the superficial; the packaging on this can? product? is so cute. I love the little flowers and the cute blue font. It appeals to me in so many ways that I actually wouldn't mind having it out as a mini desk decoration. Next, the smell. Oh, the scent is delicious and I want it made into a perfume the scent is nice and sometimes I find myself just spraying this in my hair so it has a lovely scent to it. I wish I could describe the scent properly to you all but just ... I can't see anyone disliking it!



The product itself is something to get used to if you, like me, have never used dry shampoo before. You're supposed to pick up your hair and spray at the roots, with the can about 5 inches from your hair and spray! At first it looked liked it wasn't doing a darn thing and I put it away thinking "I knew it, nothing special..." It says to massage your hair after spraying, but I found it works WAY better if you just leave it and let it be for a few minutes. When I massaged right after spraying it was like I rubbed all the product out. But it actually works, it really does! How do I know, for sure? On Saturday it had been 3 days since I'd washed my hair (don't judge, let's just pretend I was doing it for the sake of experimentation ;) ) and I had to go to work that day. My hair was looking like an oily mess and I looked at this bottle and thought "now is the time to prove yourself" Prove itself it did! My train wreck of a do turned slightly more voluminous and made it look like "2nd day hair" Sure I sprayed a gallons worth but it worked and I looked totally presentable for work! My verdict is that everyone needs at least one dry shampoo in their collection of hair products for emergency uses. It's seriously a life saver and the Batiste one works magnificently! I wash my hair every other day, but when I don't feel up to it, this is so handy.



What do you guys think of the Batiste dry shampoo? Have you tried any others? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...