Friday 15 February 2013

How to : DIY Pretty Vintage Wooden Clothes Hangers ♥

     When I take photos of my new fashion buys for my blog, I usually hang them on a boring naff plastic hanger and then on nail on my wall. Not only does it look a bit tacky but it doesn't do my new item much justice either, hanging from something so ugly. So I had been hunting for a while for some pretty hangers to use instead. I saw lots of those silky hangers, but these were too narrow and also too straight. I couldn't find what I wanted, so I set about making my own!
      I wanted them to be pale, pretty and girly. So I did a complete overhaul on these wooden bargain hangers, which not only look pretty good I think, but they were really cheap and easy to make too!

So here's my tutorial:
 



 
Get some wooden hangers (I'm everyone has at least one wooden hanger at home). Mine was without the bottom pole (used for hanging trousers) as I only use my hangers for dresses.


 
 
Lightly sand down the wood to remove the glossy stain.( I got my sandpaper from Poundland)
 


Paint your hangers using normal cheap white wall paint. 
Leave them to dry, and then paint on another coat.
 
 
Using some patterned paper, cut out whatever design or pattern you would like on your hanger. I used a pair of small nail scissors to get a really close neat trim. This is just a gift bag I got from Poundland ages ago. But you can use any kind of paper.

 
 
Then use PVA glue to stick the paper onto your dry painted hangers. Press them on well so they don't peel off.

 
 
And this is what you should end up with! A really simple and easy way to get custom hangers exactly how you want them, and I got 1 for only £1!

What do you think? :)

I can now hang my new buys up in style! I love the rustic effect of the white paint, and the floral pattern looks like it has been handpainted on!
 

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! You blog is very cute so just followed!

      Delete
  2. This is a really good idea!
    very creative and the end result is cute

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!! I'm going to have to do this, what a great idea!!

    I would love if you stopped by my blog!!

    http://nattea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and good luck! I have followed your blog is amazing!

      Delete
  4. Awww I definitely have to try this, it looks so cute!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here


    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea. This may be the perfect way for me to spend my Sunday!
    www.insomeoneseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea! Definitely need to try <3 Thank you for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really a very nice post and informative Blog. Painmeds365 is a popular accredited online pharmacy located in the USA. Enjoy further discounts when you buy in bulk. We sell a wide range of effective and very affordable anxiety remedies that you can order from your own home from our curated website.

    Tapentadol Tablet Online USA
    Pain O Soma 350mg
    Buy Ksalol 1mg USA
    Buy Alko 1 Tablet
    Buy Klonopin USA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...