Sunday 17 February 2013

Elvive Extraordinary Oil

      

 I'm a lover of haircare and a massive lover of hair oils, so I'm always on the lookout for the next best one. When I saw this one in Superdrug a few months ago on offer I thought why not have a try because if it works its a massive bottle and will last me a lifetime!So then I was offered to try it out and today I recieved this lovely sample!
       Extraordinary Oil can be used in 3 different ways which I think gives a good value for money if you are looking for an all around product that isn't going to break the bank, you can pop it on before washing, use it on damp hair before styling and also use it as a finishing oil.
        I have tried all three ways out and I have to say for me using it as a finishing oil is not something I like as I have a bit of a problem with the smell and also because personally I like to use a shine spray after styling my hair so adding oil just seems pointless and there's no need to grease up my hair unnecessarily.
       I love using it before shampooing though as it seems like its an added treatment, I just apply to my hair concentrating on the mid lengths and ends, I leave it on for a good 10-15 minutes before shampooing and it seems to add a little lusciousness to my hair and makes my split ends seem non existent. This also leaves a lovely shine to my hair and a sort of effortless weightless feeling, it also helps minimise frizz and flyaways.
      I occasionally use this after washing my hair like I would use a normal hair oil and it works OK but just not to what I feel a hair oil should do, for some reason when I use it this way it feels like it is doing hardly anything for my hair other than just taming a few flyaways and making is easier to comb... I feel like when you use it this way it works more like how a serum would.
        I am not too sure if I actually like this product or if I am just using it up but I absolutely hate the smell too like I have mentioned above... It smells like hairspray and spirits sometimes this smell can linger and sometimes it just fades away into a quite nice smelling scent. This is another reason why I like to use it with the before shampooing method.
       Over all I would say this was a good all round multi oil or maybe something for someone who was just getting into hair oil, if you are looking for something with a little more depth and are a die hard hair oil fan I would say it's best to give this a miss.... I know I shall be in the future!
What are your thoughts on hair oils? Have you tried this one?xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...